Version 4.0b211 (20 November 2020)
|OnTheAir Video Express
Version 4.0b211 (20 November 2020)
OnTheAir Video Express and OnTheAir Video
- Video Preview + Audio Vu-Meters: A window allows you to preview what OnTheAir Video is playing out.
- Automatic Folder-based Playlist: Select a folder with media files, and OnTheAir Video will automatically populate the playlist with the content of the folder. Add a file, it will be added to the playlist automatically. Delete a file, the file will be removed from the playlist.
- Shuffle playback: As with music playlists, the next clip will be randomly played.
- Rename clips: Sometimes your file names are cryptic, now you can rename the clips in the playlists, so it says something more obvious. Also useful if you have split a clip in 2 with two different parts.
- Auto-update modified clips: If a media file has been modified (replaced or deleted in the Finder for example), it will automatically update in the playlist.
- New "Clip end behaviour": Cue next clip.
- Added the ability to select a clip to "Play next", so OnTheAir Video can chain to any clip in the playlist.
- Added an "auto-cue" feature. When using the cue mode, the next clip will be automatically cued after a specified duration.
- Added the ability to add "Comments" in a playlist.
- Added the ability to Disable Clips, so they don't play but remain in the playlist for later use.
- Added support for new codecs: DNxHR and AVC-Intra 200
- Added the audio countdown announcements. Get a voice telling you when the remaining time is 30, 20, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2.
- New controls in inspector timeline:
- Enter a TC in the "Current Position" field to go to that position.
- Enter a negative value in the "Out Point" field to set an out point relatively to the end.
OnTheAir Video ONLY
- Secondary Audio Output: Additionally to the video output on the selected video device, you can now also output to another available audio output on your Mac. Works with CoreAudio, so supports the audio devices that are available for macOS (including Dante or MADI).
- New Scheduling features:
- Schedule editor is now in the application. With the ability to group playlists in "Events".
- Repeated events. If you have a schedule that is the same every week, this will make your life easier.
- Scheduled playlists can now be automatically randomized when opening, or playback shuffled.
- If the Schedule is modified by a third party application, it is automatically reloaded. There is no need to "Reload" the schedule manually anymore.
- Added the ability to "Loop" an event => you can loop multiple playlists.
- Added the ability to set a preset duration to a playlist, so you can know if you are having overrun and underrun
- Added the ability to add a timed event in a playlist.
- Built-in CG: (Requires the Dynamic Graphics Overlay Option) Additionally to still images, you can now import CG Projects in OnTheAir Video to be overlaid on top of the video playback.
- Transitions: You can use either built-in transitions such as cross-fades, or custom transitions (made with your own movies with an Alpha Channel)
- Streaming input: Supports RTMP video input to play a web stream easily. Just add a "stream clip" to your playlist, enter the RTMP url and start playing it back.
- Improved Actions
- Actions can now be relative to the start, end, in, or out point. This is very useful if you need to start an action X seconds before the end of a clip.
- Actions can now have a "custom" icon (instead of the standard A). This helps to better identify what kind of action has been added.
- Countdown until next Live event: In the "Timer" window, you can now show how long there is until the next live event
- Support for OP47 Subtiltling. (Requires the CC option). It is supported either in an MXF file with OP47, or using SRT or .STL sidecar files.
- Support for .SRT sidecars files with Closed Captioning. (Requires the CC option)
- Support for SCTE triggers. (Requires the CC option)
- Ability to control a VideoHub or a Ross video router without the need of OnTheAir Switch. This can be done using Actions.
- REST API: OnTheAir Video is now coming with a full REST API that allows to control it remotely from a webpage:
- Check the API simply by, on the same Mac that runs OnTheAir Video, type the following url in a browser: http://127.0.0.1:8081/api.html. Note that it can also be reached remotely if you change the IP address.
- We even offer a sample webpage that can be used to edit the parameters of actions. It can be reached at this address: http://127.0.0.1:8081/actions_editor.html
- You can also create your own custom pages that would be served by the application. For this, simply place your pages here: /Library/Application Support/Softron/OnTheAir Video/WebResources
- There is not an installer anymore. Just drag and drop the application to the Applications folder. See below for more info.
- Scrubbing in long GOP video clips in the inspector has been improved.
- 4K decoding performances improvement
Warnings and Important modifications
- Playlists: Once you have saved your playlists with OnTheAir Video 4, if you try to open them with OnTheAir Video 3, a copy of it will be opened and you will have to save it again. The reason is that there are new "attributes" that don't work anymore (such as Comments, graphics items, transitions, etc...)
- The Schedule file is no longer a .txt file, and it will automatically be converted to a json or XML. IF you are using a third party tool to create your Schedules, .txt schedules can still be imported, but we advise you to change to the new json or XML format. Contact us for more info and help.
- The as-run-logs have been moved by default to the same location as the technical logs. The reason is we wanted to have one less window asking to get access to the "Documents" folder. If you had a different folder set than the default one, it will be maintained there, but if you did not modify the default location, they will be moved.
- As there is no installer anymore, this implies that:
- Actions Folder has now moved to "/Library/Application Support/Softron/OnTheAir Video/Actions/". It is not located next to the application anymore. We will copy your current actions to the new location, but we will not delete them from the current location so if you still use OnTheAir Video 3 this will still work. But remember this if you want to modify the Actions later to look in the correct location.
- OnTheAir Tools is not installed by default (it's not needed to create schedules anymore, only for the "Log analyser" tool, so it can still be downloaded from our website.
- AppleScript examples are not installed (the ones to be used as Actions, or to control OnTheAir Video). They can be downloaded from our website.
- The playback preferences are different than the one of OnTheAir Video 3. So if you switch from one to the other, make sure to change them (which video device is used and the format) in both versions.