If you want to control OnTheAir Video with Cue Tone coming from TV programs, here is how you should proceed.
Additionally to your OnTheAir Video (Express) license, you need to purchase :
- a device that can receive cue tone sequences (for example CATV Network Industry Standard DTMF) and provide a GPI relay closure (like the CTD-3104A DTMF Cue Tone Decoder).
- a GPICommander box from us
So you should:
- Plug the program audio source to the Cue Tone Decoder
- Plug the GPI output of the Cue Tone Decoder to one of the 24 input of the GPI Commander (let's say to input 1)
- Connect the GPICommander box to your computer in USB
And then in the OnTheAir Video preferences > GPI, make sure that you have selected your GPICommander box, and that you have set that one input 1 of the box changes status, it triggers a "Space Bar":
That's it, the next time a cue tone is heard in the program, the Cue Tone Decoder will intercept it, then trigger the GPICommander box, which will start playback in OnTheAir Video...