Upgrading the dongle
1. Download the Softron Dongle Upgrader application:
2. Make sure that you are connected to the web. The Softron Dongle Upgrader application will connect to our servers to retrieve the upgrade instructions. Note that you can run the installer from a different computer than the one on air.
3. Make sure that the dongle is connected to the Mac where you will run the installer. The actual application that you use do not need to be installed.
4. Unzip and start the application. It should look like this:
3. If you have multiple dongles, make sure to select the one you want to upgrade. And verify the licenses.
4. Click on the "Upgrade" button.
5. If successful, it will show you the following message (see below troubleshooting if it is not successful)
6. Click on OK
7. Verify that the upgrade was done. If you added a license to your dongle, or upgraded versions, you should see it in the window:
If you added an option, this can not be seen here, you will need to make sure using the method explained below.
8. Delete the zip file and the application, you will not need them anymore!
9. Restart your Application, that's it!
Checking if the dongle is correctly updated
To check whether the dongle has been updated, select the menu "About MovieRecorder" (or About the name of your application) from the MovieRecorder menu. This window will show up:
Under the "License Info", you should see the dongle number. If you click on "More info...", this window will show up:
You can see which options are enabled:
- If Base Application is "Red", then you are in demo mode. If it is green, your application is licensed.
- Then below are all the options. In this case, you can see the "Closed Captioning" and "Pro Codecs" options are enabled.
- Licensed Channels tells you how many channel you can start at the same time. In the example above, we can enable 1 channel in MovieRecorder. (In demo mode, you will see "100".)
If nothing shows up in the interface
This probably means that you did not connect your dongle properly:
- Make sure you are using the correct dongle.
- Make sure that it is properly connected (the little green light must be on).
- The USB port may be faulty, try on another port or another computer.
- If all this does not work, it may mean that the dongle is broken. Then read the following article: http://softron.zendesk.com/entries/223394-are-dongles-guaranteed
If the upgrade of the dongle fails and you see the following error message:
Make sure that:
- Your computer is connected to the internet.
- Your network does not have a firewall that blocks communications on port 8080. (you may want to confirm this with your network administrator)
If you still have an issue after having checked the above, get in touch with our support desk.