By default, our software license come with a serial number, but you can opt for the dongle option, so you will receive a physical dongle for your license. One dongle can license multiple application on the same Mac.
The dongle option is available for all Softron software except for
- OnTheAir News (only protected using a Serial Number)
- OnTheAir CG (only protected using a Dongle - bundled in the price)
You should consider using a dongle over a serial number for these advantages:
- there is no activation / deactivation process with dongles
- if your computer is not connected to the internet, you will have to do a manual activation / deactivation from a computer that has an internet connection.
- if your computer has an issue (hard drive fail, or other hardware issue), with serial numbers, you will have to contact us so we can help you activate it again, which can take time. With dongles, you just take the dongle and move it to another computer.
- If you consider moving regularly the license from one computer to another (for mobile uses for example), it is much easier with a dongle.
If you want more information on this, you can consult the document "Activation Licensing Explained" available from the support pages of the website.