The GPICommander 3 USB box (which started shipping on May 11th, 2022) looks identical to GPICommander 2, but it uses new chips, and thus our software need to be updated.
Because of difficulties to source the chip, there will be two phases in the chip replacement.
- Version 1.0 of GPICommander 3 that started shipping on May 11th 2022
- Version 2.0 of GPICommander 3 that will start shipping in 2023
How to recognise which version you have?
With the order date
- GPICommander 2: If you ordered before May 11th, 2022
- GPICommander 3, version 1.0: If you ordered it after May 11th, 2022
- GPICommander 3, version 2.0: It did not yet start shipping. We'll update this article later on...
Check the label
It's easier and safer to check their label at the bottom of the box.
Knowing the build date of your software
- GPICommander 2: Application compiled after 2010
- GPICommander 3 v1.0: Applications compiled on or after, November 5th, 2021
- GPICommander 3 v2.0: Applications compiled on or after, October 4th, 2022
Checking the software version
Here are the software versions that are required to be compatible with it:
|GPICommander 3 v1.0||GPICommander 3 v2.0|
|MovieRecorder (Express)||4.4b66 or later||4.5.1b1 or later|
|OnTheAir Video (Express)||4.1b10 or late||4.1.3b3 or later|
|OnTheAir Node (Plugin)||2.4b1 or later||2.5b1 or later|
|OnTheAir Live||4.0b5 or later||4.0b7 or later|
|OnTheAir CG||3.6b1 or later||3.6b16 or later|
|GPICommander||3.0b2 or later||3.5b1 or later|
|Multicam Logger||2.2.2 or later||2.2.6b2 or later|