In MovieRecorder the audio configuration is set by the AV Preset (obviously). so this is in the AV Presets that you need to configure the number of audio channels you want to record, map them etc...
The idea is that you can have different audio configurations for different destinations.
Create a User Preset
Go to the MovieRecorder preferences > AV Presets:
As you can't modify a recommended AV Preset, either you click on the + icon to create a new preset, or you can duplicate an existing one. For that, right-click on it and select "Duplicate":
Modify the Audio Settings
At the bottom of the AV Preset, you can find the Audio Settings.
In these Audio Settings you are able to change:
- the number of tracks that you want to record.
- the settings of each track.
Change the number of Audio Tracks
- Click on the + icon at the bottom of the list to create additional tracks,
- Select a track and click on the - icon to delete it.
Change the settings of each audio tracks
If you click on the little "wheel" on each track, this popover window will open:
You are able to change these settings:
- Codec: Linea PCM or AAC
- Sample Size: 16, 20, 24 32
- Little or Big Endian
And if you click on the other icon:
You can change:
- the number of audio channels that are recorded per track and for each channel:
- change the mapping: select which channel from the source (your video device) must be recorded in that specific channel
- change the label: Left, Right, Center,...