About pre-releases (read me!)
Before you download and use a pre-release version, make sure to check the READ ME article to know how to use pre-release versions and their limitations.
Version 1.0b26 (21 September 2023)
How to use it?
To use it:
- start the application and click on the “three dots” icon to set the playback settings, as well as the background color (changing the background color requires a restart).
- Then type your URL in the field and carriage return.
- That’s it... check the selected output video.
- You can also view each viewer in full screen if you want.
Known issues (read me, too!)
- No audio output yet, which can create an issue if you try to record, from direct link, in MovieRecorder. It won't start the recording. To record, remove all audio tracks from your custom AVPreset.
- Even if we do not output audio, the preview will generate audio, and currently there is no way to mute that...
- Some videos will not play. OnTheAir WebLink currently does not play proprietary codecs such as H.264.
- OnTheAir WebLink uses an embedded browser. There may be limitations logging into some websites. For example it is not possible to log in to any Google service (including YouTube). This limitation will be there with the release version.
- For obvious copyright reasons, it is not possible to play protected content from OnTheAir WebLink. You won't be able to play protected videos on YouTube (note that some videos are not protected), nor play videos on VOD services. This limitation will be there with the release version.
Let us know if there are improvements or changes that you’d like to see that would be useful for your use case.