About pre-releases (read me!)
Before you download and use a pre-release version, make sure to check the READ ME article to know how to use pre-release versions and their limitations.
Version 3.6b25 (20 October 2023)
- Universal application for better performances on Apple Silicon computers. Make sure to read the following article for more info on compatibility with Apple Silicon computers.
- Full compatibility of NDI with Apple Silicon computers.
- Updated AJA, Blackmagic-Design and Deltacast SDK to be able to run natively on Apple Silicon.
- NEW: Major rewrite of the graphics engine to use Metal instead of OpenGL. Please test extensively and get back to us with any issue that you may see.
- NEW: Added support for 10bit output
- NEW: Added an API to send live subtitling data
- NEW: Added the ability to Blur an item (in the shapes item, you can create a blur item that will blur every layers below it. Work in progress as it is not yet possible to set the blur value)
- NEW: Added the ability to change the "baseline" of a smile
- NEW: Blackmagic-Design devices: Added support for keying with more video formats
- IMPROVED: Back to back movie file playout
- FIXED: Red half screen that was seen in some 2019 and 2020 intel MacBook Pros & iMacs
- FIXED: Transparency was ignored for ProRes 4444 clips when running on M1 Pro / M1 Max computers (with ProRes acceleration).
- FIXED: Issue with ramping of start animations (the ease in/out would not be applied)
- FIXED: Smile setup window was not readable when in light mode.
- FIXED: Issue with some NDI sources not being seen
Warnings and Important modifications
- There is no installer anymore. Just drag and drop the application to the Applications folder.
- As there is no installer anymore, this implies that Sample projects and AppleScript examples are not installed. They can be downloaded from our website.
- For developers using the API there are 2 major changes:
- you should now use "snake_case" instead of "camelCase"
- You now have to specify the "Content-Type" to "application/json" in your requests